Not a bad place to be stuck while air travel is in chaos. Was supposed to leave Sunday. Leaving today instead. In the meantime, here's a round up of volcano jokes seen online, courtesy of the Daily Tele:
- It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle
- I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harbouring a “weapon of ash eruption”
- It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.
- Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.
- Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash.
- Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup.
- Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually".
- I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers. I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland.
- Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulphur in the air. No change, I’ve been married to that bone-idle slob for 20 years.