Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mellow Yellow



 I went to Palm Springs for the weekend after the LA conference. My first time there and I really loved it! The desert is phenomenal (photos to come in a later post) and I stayed at the Viceroy which was truly rock star-like fabulous.  This is where I renewed my love for all things yellow.

Kelly Wearstler has made "citron" her signature color for the hotel. It works so well when used as a "splash" of color. It completely lifts a room instead of just using white all the time.





This spring in fashion, it is all about pastels. And yellow dominated across all categories. No doubt we will see yellow in all its guises on the streets. 

Carolina Herrera Spring '12

Derek Lam Spring '12

Oscar de la Renta, Spring '12

Burberry, Spring '12

Jimmy Choo Spring '12

Givenchy Obsedia Yellow Clutch

So whilst its cold and drab in wintry New York, I have compiled a few things yellow that make me feel happy - and bring a little color back into my day. 




Wallpaper from Scalamandre

Mark Rothko

Marimekko fabric

Porthault bedlinen

Le Creuset







images: (1) apartment therapy, (2, 5, 13) mine, (3-4) Viceroy,  (6-9) style.com, (10,11) bergdorf goodman (12) mind of a christian girl, (14) gilly's place, (15) habitually chic, (16) great modern pictures, (17) luxist, (18) sue fisher, (19) this next, (20) stock news on net, (21) drive, (22)camille's style, (23) decor pad

No comments: