Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catskills



I have been so crap at writing recently. Blame work. My whole life for the past 2 weeks has been the office until ungodly hours. It's all because of an event we have in Aspen next week. You may have read my post here which was a site visit leading up to next week. Anyway, I just have to get through this week and then the anesthetist and I have a week in the very tony Nantucket! The fact that he is Jewish and a Democrat may have us kicked off the island, but if I dress him in chinos up to his armpits and a couple of Ralph Lauren polo shirts, he may just pass muster. Not sure he will ever succumb to that though!

In the meantime, here is the post I was going to write 2 weeks ago after a heavenly weekend in the Catskills. It is owned by friends of the anesthetist in a country lane outside of Phoenicia, a good 3.5 hours out of Manhattan.  They bought a rundown house on a beautiful but ill kempt 25 acres, and have slowly done up the house and garden. It is sublime. Swimming in a spring fed lake, hiking through forest, barbies on the lawn and views of a beautiful barn that the clever owner completely revamped.











The men made dinner one night. Gotta love the preparation they put into it. The presentation looks like a still life!




No comments: