Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holiday




And so it is tomorrow that I board the flying kangaroo and hope that it hops safely over the Atlantic to take me home to the "land girt by sea".

I can already smell the eucalyptus, hear the kookaburras laughing and feel that dry heat on my skin. Twelve months without being on aussie soil is too long. I love this concrete metropolis with the relentless horns and sirens and neon signs and ear piercing subway train brakes, the snow that turns to brown slush, the throngs of tourists along Fifth Avenue, Bergdorfs and Central Park...the list is endless. But for me my real home is where family and good friends are, old haunts and the wonderful uniqueness of the Australian bush. That is where I will be for the next 2 weeks.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday, depending on your religion. I hope to see you back here in Jan 2010. x

No comments: