Tuesday, February 15, 2011

PB Here I come!



OK. I am so excited. I never travel in the US and this weekend, I am going to Palm Beach! I am going to live the Slim Aarons lifestyle and dream for 4 days, staying here,



watching some of the best polo in the world,


shopping the famous Worth Avenue strip,


having a history lesson about America's gilded age at the terribly elaborate Flagler museum


recovering from the gilt overkill amongst the calm greenery of the Cluett Memorial Garden,


having a sundowner at the fabulous Breakers Hotel,


eating Americana at the notoriously-difficlt-to-get-into Palm Beach Grill,


fossicking through the 60's treasures along Antique Row,


visiting Palm Beach's oldest house house, Sea Gull Cottage,


then comparing to the insanely huge modern compounds,


and feeling nostalgic for the real Palm Beach glamour of the 50's and 60's, 


before hopefully skipping along these golden sands at sunset.


Phew! I'm exhausted already and I haven't even worked out my wardrobe!

images in order of appearance: current vintage; william waldron, elle decor; guardian, travel pod, miami unlike, the cr online, the breakers, real recommendations, new york mag, flickr,  michael emilio, vogue, destination 360

No comments: